If anyone's interested send an email to the address below and a full Job Description will be sent out to you.
The company I work for has three vacancies for desktop engineers; 1 x Senior Desktop Systems Engineer, and 2 x Desktop systems Engineers.
The Senior Desktop Systems Engineers’ responsibilities are to support, maintain, and from time to time upgrade the back end systems associated with desktop service provision. Additionally, these team members are required to fulfil an escalatory function from the 2nd line Desktop team to aid the resolution of complex desktop issues. Working to the Head of Information Security and Service Management, the Senior Desktop Systems Engineers should have expert knowledge and complete ownership of assigned systems. They will also be expected to own the relationship with the relevant related external support providers.
The purpose of the role is to drive up and maintain stability of the assigned systems, carry out routine upgrades, and to ensure high levels of overall customer satisfaction with the desktop service.
There will be a requirement to form part of an on call rota.
The role requires a strong knowledge of all aspects of an enterprise-level desktop environment. MCSE certification would be an advantage.
Specific areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Substantial experience of providing Support (including at least some demonstrable 3rd line experience) in a fast moving 24/7 environment
• Detailed knowledge of Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 operating systems
• Detailed knowledge of Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Windows 7 desktop operating systems
• Detailed knowledge of MS Office Suite
• Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory (both architecture and administration)
• Detailed knowledge of Windows Exchange Server (both architecture and administration)
• Detailed knowledge of Backup and Restore systems, ideally CommVault – on local and remote sites
• Detailed knowledge of Printer Queue Configuration and Management
• Working knowledge of Server, Laptop and Desktop hardware, ideally HP and Dell
• Working knowledge of Blackberry Enterprise Server
• Working knowledge of McAfee AntiVirus software, including e-Policy Orchestrator
• Working knowledge of Application Virtualisation via Citrix
• Understanding of Microsoft Instant Messaging Server
• Experience with LanDesk Management Suite (including Patch and Server Manager) or an equivalent enterprise management tool
• Knowledge & experience of SAN technologies – including EMC storage
• Understanding of enterprise IP networking, DNS, DHCP, etc
Red Bee Media Limited
• Experience of Senior Management liaison and should be familiar with presenting information of a complex technical nature to a variety of audiences
• Ability to process and present complex statistical data in a clear and concise fashion for Senior Management consumption
The following skills and experience are not a prerequisite but would be beneficial:
• Knowledge of at least one of the following: UNIX, Linux, Sun Solaris (8 or above)
• Experience of Courion Password Courier application
• Experience of EAS/Zantaz archiving tool
• Experience of PABX support and management, ideally including VOIP technologies
• Knowledge of project work and methodologies, ideally gained through involvement in complex high profile projects
• Integration of Apple Mac products into Microsoft-based desktop environments
As I said, if anyone's interested send an email to the address below and a full Job Description will be sent out to you.